Quickly get started with a simple scene.
Want to use Yarn Spinner in a new scene right away? Follow these steps.
- 3.Add the Dialogue System prefab to the scene:
- 1.In the Project pane, scroll down to the Yarn Spinner folder. You'll find it in the Packages section.
- 2.Inside the Yarn Spinner folder, open the Prefabs folder, and locate the Dialogue System prefab.
- 3.Drag the Dialogue System into your scene.
- 4.Create a new Yarn script, by opening the Assets menu and choosing Create -> Yarn Spinner -> Yarn Script. Name the new file
- 5.Open the new Yarn script by double-clicking it.
- 1.Select all of the text in the file, and delete it.
- 2.Copy the text below, and paste it into the file.
My first ever Yarn script in Unity!
-> I'm amazed!
Anyway, time to get writing!
You can learn about our recommended editor, Visual Studio Code with the official Yarn Spinner Extension at: Editing with VS Code.
- 1.Save the file and return to Unity.
- 2.Create a new Yarn Project that uses this script, by selecting the
HelloYarnfile, and clicking the Create New Yarn Project button in the Inspector. This will create a new Yarn Project called
- 3.Attach the Yarn Project to the Dialogue Runner, by selecting the Dialogue Runner in the Hierarchy, and dragging the
Projectinto the Yarn Project field.
- 4.Play the game by clicking the Play button at the top of the window. Your dialogue will appear!